Opening Hours: Mon – Fri (8am-4pm) & Sat (8am-12pm)
- This unit aims to protect the vulnerable, disadvantaged and marginalized people by empowering them in their own society.
- Being a Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) member, help the other MDT members for treatment process by searching for social back ground and/ history of patients by doing home/field visits, contacting local clinics, and contacting Grama Niladharis and/or other reliable sources.
- Discharge planning.
- Social re-integration and inclusion of recovered patients.
- Follow up of discharged patients and make necessary arrangements to reduce stigma and discrimination.
- Organising and conducting educational/ awareness programs for various target populations and take necessary steps to empower service users in the society economically and socially.
- Securing economic rights of patients.
- Intervene at occupation based issues
- Helping people to begin self-employments.
- Protecting people from legal procedures against them.
- Use appropriate social work methods such as forming self-help groups and community organising.
- Linking people with resources.
- Provide counselling and carrier guidance counselling when necessary.