Monday to Friday – 7.30am to 4.30pm | Saturday – 7.30am to 12.30pm | Sunday- 7.30am to 12.00pm
The rehabilitation center functions as the the main coordinator for all rehabilitation activities carried out at NIMH. The aim is to make the client independent and productive individual in social, economic and psychological aspects.
- Rehabilitation is carried out in 4 levelsLevel 1 – to improve basic activities of daily living (washing, brushing, bathing… etc)Level 2 – to improve extended activities of daily living (Communication skills, Social skills etc)Level 3 – for vocational trainingLevel 4 – to facilitate social re-integration
- The rehabilitation process is focused on vocational training which suits to Client’s interest and capabilities, family needs and social background.
- Specific vocational training programme has started with NAITA (National Apprentice and Industrial Training Authority) for Tailoring, Handcraft, COmputer Literacy, Pastry Bakery & Cookery to empower clients with employment.
- Recreational Activities – Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Drama Therapy, Movies screening and Discussion
- Other rehabilitative activities – Yoga, Gardening, Cookery, Indoor & Outdoor games
- Supporting in social and legal issues related to mental illness through Psychiatric Social Workers.